Norwegian based OLEX AS, the manufacturer of complete systems for navigation, plotting and 3D seafloor mapping, is pleased to announce that OLEX 14.0 was released and is available as a free download or through your local OLEX dealer for an upgrade of your system. Changes leading to OLEX 14.0 are mainly focused on navigation plotting improvements, interfacing refinements with various external systems and enhanced information on data handling plus various bug fixes on SL7, Wi-Fi, etc.
So a short-list of the latest release notes leading to OLEX 14.0 is:
– Better time filtering of plotter objects
– Optional password for file handling
– Shows which NMEA sentences are being sent where, through port 16700
– Better ergonomics when adjusting the plot layers for an object
– Adjustable life span for special targets from TLL, WPL and such
– Plotter object time grouping also applies to past trips.
– Own ship and vectors can be set to shimmer.
– New time grouping of plotter objects
– Screen decluttering: various onscreen panes can be collapsed
– Hardness from Furuno echosounders like FCV-295
– Speed filtering of AIS tracking
– Signal quality filtering of Subsonus Tags
– Supports Subsonus with heading from own ship
– Supports Subsonus from Advanced Navigation
– Supports ChartWorld C-MAP
– Updated NGU Marine maps
– Drawing functions: Line segment length, rotation of group
– Minor: AIS timeouts, AIS targets, Subsonus running time, no Subsonus HDT
– Minor: Import timestamp for Internet plotter objects
– Minor: Various adjustments after PME.
– Minor: AIS flags, Subsonus, depth contours,
– Minor: Detection of ANPP vs NMEA
– Minor: Cosmetic adjustments for Subsonus, error reporting
– Bug fixes: Undefined mouse buttons, period selector, VTG
– Bug fixes: AIS, Subsonus, ANPP
– Bug fixes: SL7 autoupdate, SL7 timezone, AIS without own MMSI
– Bug fixes: WiFi, satellite graph
– Bug fixes: Own ship AIS, WiFi selector flash
After years of research, development, and testing, OLEX AS has developed and keeps refining the most comprehensive seafloor topography mapping system available on the market. OLEX systems are based on Linux, and are considered to be the most stable systems of their kind available on the commercial market. Speed, flexibility, and user-friendliness are important keywords to explain their success.
OLEX can use official and unofficial vector charts, in S57, shape and SOSI format, from Hydrographic Offices and commercial vendors. The navigation charts are displayed alongside the collected seabed data and the chart visualization software will always strive to achieve a clear and informative chart image and prevent the screen from filling up with unnecessary information, by displaying only information relevant to the current zoom scale. Zooming and chart display are fast, easy and seamless.
For further information you may contact the Official Distributor and Support Center for Greece and Cyprus:
Aegean Electronics SA
4 Zosimadon Str, Piraeus 185 31, Greece
Tel: +30 210 4123000
E-mail: [email protected]